How often does your business experience downtime? Are you losing revenue from IT issues? Are you looking to upgrade systems but don’t have the resources to implement them? 911 IT is the IT Consulting firm you need. Working with your team, we assess the current systems, create a plan for upgrading, and monitor systems, even when you’re away from the office. That said, we offer the following best practices for hiring an IT consulting firm.
What is IT Consulting?
Assess technology, business, and process strategies to ensure they are aligned is IT Consulting in a nutshell. If your firm is experiencing downtime. If you’re not sure where saved documents are saved or if you want a shared drive on a cloud server, it’s time to hire an IT Consulting firm like 911 IT who will work with your team to:
- Evaluate current technology
- Assess future needs
- Develop a plan to grow/downsize with your business
- Implement changes
- Ongoing support and monitoring
Before doing a search and calling the first one that comes up in results, take a few minutes to consider these best practices for hiring an IT Consulting firm.
- Discuss operations challenges (and successes) with your staff. Understanding what is happening in the day to day operations is important as you consider hiring an IT consulting firm. How much downtime happens? How does it impact operations? How does it impact employee engagement? What do employees wish could happen related to technology? Perhaps they wish they could upload documents to the cloud so others can share and edit in real-time without emails going back and forth. Maybe they’re worried about security breaches. Whatever it is, make a note for your meeting with the IT consulting firms.
- Ask the IT consulting firm questions. What kind of experience do they have with a business in your industry? Can they work with your IT department? Do they offer 24/7/365 help desk and monitoring? What does an IT consulting fee cost? These are just a few of the questions to ask. Think of it like a job interview where you’re getting to know them to see if they’d be a good fit for your business.
- Give the firm time to ask you questions. They need to gather information about your business, just like you need to understand their process. You want to make sure it’s a good fit for both of you.
As an IT Consulting firm, 911 IT serves accounting, dental, healthcare, and finance clients, among others. As part of our process, we get to know your business, assess current technology, recommend updates and upgrades, and offer 24/7/365 monitoring so you never have to worry.